Senior Backend Engineer for Convert Group
Convert Group is a leading Digital Transformation Consulting firm, located in Athens, Greece and is amongst the 25 top employers in Greece according to the Great Place to Work® Institute.
We are organized in 4 Business Units: eConsulting, eTalent Recruiting, eMarket Intelligence & eSkills Training.
eRetail Audit, the key product of eMarket Intelligence, is an innovative online platform that measures market shares in eCommerce per sector and connects marketing effort (online & offline) to the actual online transaction.
The way it works is by processing hundreds of thousands online transactions per online sector (online supermarkers, online pharmacies etc) and producing aggregated, structured market data. eRetail Audit platform is the core intelligence point that serves reports to Brands (customers), Retailers (partners) and our internal teams.
What We Are Looking For
Our team is growing and expanding to international markets, therefore looking for an experienced Backend Engineer (full-time job). You will be working within a team of 12 and an extended team of 25, reporting directly to the Engineering Director.
The right candidate should have a solid technical background, a “get-things-done” attitude and enthusiasm to learn and apply new technologies.
Our Stack Consists of:
- Frontend developed in Angular 5
- Core API developed in Ruby on Rails 5
- A suite of backend services developed in Python
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to develop new functionality for eRetail Audit and optimize the platform
- Provide feedback to other team members
- Contribute ideas on the design of new services and system architecture
- Write well-designed, testable, robust, performant and reusable code
What Skills and Experience You Will Need:
- Being self-driven, flexible and having a big smile
- Reliable and dedicated individual with clear thinking and attention to detail
- Passion for software development and web technologies
- Dedicated problem-solver who can work in a fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills in Greek and English
- At least 3 years of professional experience developing and maintaining production software
- Experience with RESTful APIs and service-oriented architectures
- Experience with unit and integration testing (RSpec a plus)
- Experience with Git-based development workflows and agile software processes
- Firm grasp of relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby or Python
What We Offer
- A modern working environment
- Private health insurance plan
- 20% more time-off than what the labour legislation dictates
- Co-workers with big smiles
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
- Internal knowledge sharing (regarding various digital skills)
- Snacks, coffees and drinks on us
- Access to resources for professional and personal development
- Sponsored conference and seminar attendance
- A variety of company activities